Thursday, June 15, 2017

At The End of The Driveway Making an Inference

Friday 16 June's learning

Today we are going to be continuing to develop our reading skills, and will be focusing on using the clues in the text to write a relevant response. You will use the clues in a text, and learn to  understand the difference between a literal meaning of something, and being able to use the skills of inference to answer a question that is beyond the lines.

LI: We are learning to use the skills of inference when we respond to a text.

SC: I can identify the clues given in the text.
SC: I can draw on my own knowledge and experiences to make sense of the clues.
SC: I can contribute to discussions and record my notes.
SC: I can use my notes to write a brief paragraph response.


Lesson Sequence.


Visual clues exercise,

I can see...

This image shows me..

Responding to the visual image

Poem 'At the End of the Driveway' by Tim Upperton





No comments:

Post a Comment