Thursday, June 8, 2017

The Great Ordinary.

Friday 9 June's Learning.

Today we are going to continue our work on reading for meaning and showing understanding by responding to a text in different ways.
  
Today we are going to read an article  and discuss and record  the main ideas. We will then look at a poem and discuss what we notice about the text, identify language features and work to complete a written response about the poem.

LI: We are learning to identify and explain the main ideas in the article.

SC: I can contribute my ideas to class discussions.
SC: I can record my notes.
SC: I can identify some of the language features used in the text.
SC: I can use the clues in the text to help me explain a key phrase.

Sequence of Today's lesson

Free Writing -  The choices are on the board

Class Reading -  'The Great Ordinary' The photographs of Edith Amituanai

Responding to the Poem 'At the End of the Driveway' by Tim Upperton.

This document has been smart shared with you. It will be in your English folder, and you will need to move into the Friday English folder


No comments:

Post a Comment